Reducing your body fat by simply freezing it sounds too good to be true. Yet it really is that easy.
In just one session at Prescription Skin Care, patients are able to reduce the amount of fat by 20% to 30%. There is very little to no discomfort, no anesthetic, no needles and no downtime.
Prescription Skin Care brought CoolSculpting™ to New Zealand 10 years ago after hearing of its successful and safe fat reduction method from their plastic surgical colleagues in America. Prescription Skin Care’s plastic surgical nurses have trained in the latest CoolSculpting techniques in San Francisco and have treated 1000’s of patients successfully here in New Zealand.
CoolSculpting™ was developed by Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Scientists and is considered the Gold Standard in non-surgical fat reduction. It is FDA and TGA approved. That means it is approved for use in America, Australia and New Zealand by the medical governing authority.
• The patient attends a 45 minute complimentary consultation with one of the nurses at Prescription Skin Care in Ponsonby or Remuera.
• Once the patient is approved for treatment the patient chooses a date and time to suit them for treatment.
• The patient lies on a bed and the area being treated is positioned into an applicator which holds the fat as the machine cools to the required temperature to initiate fat apoptosis (fat cell death). Treatment takes 30 to 45 minutes and the patient can read, sleep, watch a movie or talk on their phone.
• When the applicator comes off the body, the area is massaged for a few minutes and the treatment is complete.
• Patients are asked to return 3 months after treatment to assess the area and view before and after photos of themselves.
Here’s how CoolSculpting™ works
The CoolSculpting procedure targets and cools fat cells to temperatures that trigger fat cell apoptosis. No change to the appearance of nerves or other tissues because lipids in fat crystallise at a warmer temperature than water in other cell types.
Following treatments, fat cells enter an apoptosis weather sequence and are gradually removed by the body’s natural waste elimination process through the urine and lymphatic system in the next few weeks and months.
At 3 months post treatment the thickness of the fat layers is significantly reduced by 20% to 30%.
Some of the most popular areas treated:
- Under the chin
- Abdomen and back
- Upper thighs
- Upper arms
The initial consultation is free of charge. The cost of the procedure is evaluated and discussed at this consultation. It depends on what areas and how many as to what the final cost will be. Treatments start from $1000. Package and finance options are available and are discussed at the consultation.